Saturday 31 August 2019

20 Weeks


We're at the halfway point! This pregnancy is going by so fast--tomorrow is already September, and then it's the busy run-up to Christmas, so I know January is going to be here in no time!
We had the 20 week anomaly scan last Thursday and everything looked fine. They're having me come back for a rescan in a couple of weeks because the baby's position was keeping them from getting a good view of his spine and kidneys (he was facing the front, so they got a good view of his face, heart, limbs and skull).They were able to confirm that it is indeed Paul in there, and not a girl. It was nice to have it confirmed--it would have been annoying if the private gender scan had been wrong! I don't mind getting another scan at 22 weeks, too--it's very reassuring and lovely to get a glimpse of him moving around in there.

I've been feeling good these days, with more energy and an increased appetite. George and I went to Taco Bell for lunch last Wednesday, finally giving into my craving for it--I'd been holding back, but it really was delicious! So far I've put on a lot less weight than I did last time and I'm feeling better in general. I'm still eating a lot, but I think I'm eating healthier foods and I'm more active than last time--I'm doing my prenatal yoga videos on most days, and walking to & from campus 3x/week. Hopefully things will continue going smoothly for the second half of the pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment