Wednesday 20 May 2015

36 Weeks Pregnant


This afternoon we had my 36-week midwife appointment--Richard came along to this one, because we were talking about our birth plan. The midwife was happy with the plan & discussed all of the various contingency options, so we're feeling pretty confident & well-informed now. Baby's growth was still on track (and still head down!) and I'm still doing well, so they'll see me again in two weeks. At the end of the visit, she instructed me to call Maternity Assessment if labour starts or anything else happens before the next appointment--that made it all seem very real!

I'm definitely starting to feel like I'm full-term (very close!). Not quite waddling yet, but baby feels really big in there & it's getting harder to get comfortable. I have to elevate my feet often, take naps occasionally, and I have to sit up straight when I eat or drink anything. Those pregnancy yoga videos on YouTube have been so helpful, especially for my lower back. Last week I got my hair trimmed & some side-swept long bangs added--it feels much lighter & healthier now, and I'm glad they were able to take the split-ends off without losing too much length. 

Now that we're done with setting up the nursery & shopping for baby, I've still got a few weeks left to do other fun (but much less important) crafty things, like embroidering muslin squares! Such a first time parent thing to do, I know, but this kid is going to have really cute burp cloths!

No comments:

Post a Comment