Monday 20 January 2020

40 weeks


I'm finally catching up on these posts, months later, but I'll try to remember how I felt at the time...

That week of seeing my due date come and go was hard. Physically, I was still feeling pretty good--I was still walking up that hill to George's school until I was a week overdue. On 40+3, we were on the rota for door greeting at church, which actually was a great way to field all of the questions/comments at once (oh, you're still here! Where's that baby, then?, etc.) and then we could chat about other things in the coffee hour--like the fact we'd just moved into the new house! Mentally, I was in a similar place to last time: so tired of being pregnant, tired of non-progressing contractions, and just plain tired. It's like I start the newborn sleep deprivation stage early!

A couple of days after I took this photo, things started happening--though Paul still didn't make an appearance for 6 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment