Wednesday 25 February 2015

24 Weeks Pregnant


I had a midwife appointment this morning--everything looked fine with both me & the baby, and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! The baby has officially reached viability now--it has a lot more growth & lung maturation left to do, but it's amazing to think that the baby could survive if born this early.  We definitely want him/her to keep cooking until June, though!

Baby's been moving around a lot, especially in the evenings and at church. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern yet, but it's very reassuring to feel movement on a daily basis now. Richard's been able to feel it a couple of times now, too, so that's been lovely. The midwife said that I don't need to really keep an eye on the baby's movements until 28 weeks, and that it's more important to check that the movement seems like a typical amount, rather than that the baby does x movements per hour.

I've been working on a couple of publications this month, trying to take advantage of the office before we turn it into a nursery over Easter weekend. We're slowly reorganizing things and making room for baby stuff, and I've started a couple of little crocheting projects--a green blanket and a mobile with little sheep on it (pics to follow when finished!). The second trimester really has been going well. I've been eating well (lots of fruit and veg, wholegrain toast with peanut butter, etc.) and the heartburn has gotten better. I've had the usual little aches & pains that come with disproportionate weight gain, but I've been doing prenatal yoga videos and they've really helped. I had a bit of a moment this week, though, when the baby moved up above the belly button for the first time and it was suddenly much harder to breathe--I realized, it's only going to get more uncomfortable from here on out! The belly shots are going to quickly become less cute and more 'ouch' between now and June...

No comments:

Post a Comment