Friday 28 November 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! It's my 8th year of celebrating it in the UK. Some years have been really low-key (i.e. just having a turkey-cranberry pasty!), but this year we celebrated in my favorite way, by having friends over for a big traditional dinner. We were too busy cooking and eating to take many pictures, but here are a few:
Caitlin, Adrian, Jemma and Nada--Biscuit was friendly and loved being the centre of attention

Me and Jace on the left and Yang on the far right

I made my traditional Paula Deen Ol' No. 7 Yams and Green Bean Casserole, my mom's awesome rolls and her cornbread stuffing recipe, and the usual pumpkin and pecan pies. This year I tried brining my turkey crown, modifying Nigella's instructions to suit a much smaller bird (and I left out the anise--ewww). It came out so juicy and delicious! I wish I'd taken a picture before I carved it, but I was just too busy running around setting up at that point. At any rate, it was amazing and I'll definitely do it next year, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment