Friday 19 October 2012

Falling leaves & Christmas Lights: October in Leeds

Autumn leaves at Roundhay Park last weekend


On the walk to campus

They've already put the Christmas lights up downtown--I love how they get such an early start on Christmas here!

The stores already have Christmas cards and Advent calendars--I took it as a sign that it's ok to load Christmas music on my iPod again  :)

Since getting back from the honeymoon, my main priority has been working on my dissertation.  The first draft (75,000 words) is due by Christmas, so I've been writing at home a lot, hiding away in the library, and doing my cafe crawls, too.  The Starbucks on Albion has a staff member named Molly, so they usually get my name right.  The Starbucks on Briggate, however, spelled it like this!

We got our pumpkin last night :) It's got a good carving face & a lovely colour--I'm not carving it until it gets closer to Halloween, but it's nice & festive to have around for an extra week.

Our kitchen with its new appliances :) 

We love the Le Creuset utensil jar!  It's much bigger than our old one, so we don't have to struggle to put away utensils anymore.  Thanks Kelly, Jason, Pudd & Charlie!

The Dualit kettle is lovely (merci a la famille Keriel!), and the De Longhi coffee maker is fabulous, too.  When I work from home, I've been making a pot in the morning to have with Richard and carrying on throughout the day.  I love the way it makes the whole kitchen smell so good!  Thanks Mom!
(I forgot to take a picture of the toaster, but it's been awesome, too!  Our old one toasted unevenly, so you'd get half-bread and half-toast...This one toasts it perfectly every time!  Thanks Tricia, Tim, Eric & Alicia!)

Another reason why this is my favorite time of year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment