Monday 27 July 2015

One Month Old

I can't believe George is already a month old!

He's having more alert periods, with eyes open and arms and legs moving about


Cute onesie from the Clustermates!

He's starting to try to suck his thumbs--we'll be thrilled when he learns to self-soothe!

 So sweet!

On Sunday, George turned one month old. This first month has gone so fast--though pregnancy seems like ages ago, and it does sometimes feel like he's been around forever. They say that with a baby, days and nights are long, but the weeks and months are short!

As you'd expect for a newborn, he's still very sleepy and squishy. He loves to cuddle, especially in the Ergo or after a feed. George is becoming more alert & with it every day, though.We're looking forward to getting to know him as he becomes a more responsive, interactive little guy in the months ahead.

In terms of my postpartum recovery, I've been doing well. I pushed myself and did a bit too much the first couple of weeks, but now I'm getting better about resting, eating well and drinking plenty of water. I complain about constant feedings, but actually, I do love breastfeeding. It's a nice excuse to sit back and relax, and it's nice to be needed.    

My mom went back to the States this morning--it was so great to have her help this month, and I loved watching her with George! He definitely recognizes her and she's a pro at soothing him in the rocking chair. I'm so glad they had this time together!

First month round-up:
Tearooms/Cafes: The Three Sheep Tearoom, Caffe Nero, Costa, Starbucks (twice), Opposite
Pubs: The Bowling Green, The Steel Foundry, The Original Oak, Lawnswood Arms, The Stables
Great houses: Lotherton Hall, Chatsworth House
Malls: Meadowhall, White Rose
Events: Graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment